Recruitment Technology: What else is there to know
We concluded our conference with a panel discussion, featuring some of the most successful figures in the industry sharing their views and experiences with recruitment technology and covering off our audience’s remaining unanswered questions.
The panel, moderated by Alan Walker, was made up of YODEL’s Ben Gledhill; Jessica Hayes, Group Head of Talent at McCann Worldgroup; Jeffery Lovejoy Europe & North America Recruitment Manager at FDM; Richard Hutchinson, Talent Generation and Innovation Director at Capita; and Katrina Collier, Candidate Engagement Author. Below are some of the key points that were raised during the discussion:
- Technology should not just be about finding talent but learning about the human behind. Candidates are bombarded with opportunities (at present there are 5 vacancies per candidate in London) so use your curiosity to dig and find extra information about your target talent to get their attention.
- Re-engineer your application process to reduce candidate drop-outs. Try to apply to one of your vacancies and look at the process through the eyes of the candidate. Technology should show you where your candidates drop out and the channels that bring in your best applications. Have an honest conversation with your ATS vendor and look for ways to improve.
- Switch from talent pooling to talent pipelining. Spend time talking to people who are ready for a hiring conversation. Automate your content strategy and measure interaction to save yourself time otherwise spent on cold candidates.
- Show the benefits of using technology, its impact on diversity and how much money you can save and divert to areas with more value-adding activities. Invite your directors to demo a product and engage them from the beginning.
- Machine learning technology is only getting better and better if integrated with your ATS, as it will understand what good looks like and help you increase the quality of your hires.
To find out more, watch the panel discussion video below:
View panel discussion video
Panellists (from left):
- Ben Gledhill, Yodel
- Jess Hayes, McCann Worldgroup
- Jeff Lovejoy, FDM
- Richard Hutchinson, Capita
- Katrina Collier, The Searchologist